When the house was built in 1975-76 it had no water, no electricity and barely a road to it. But it was our Mykonian home with the small beach just below it, and the sea water like a swimming pool teeming with fish and other sea animals.
It was paradise. It still is, but things have changed:
- Electricity with water heater, and external power outlet for charging an electric car
- A cisterna for water, shower, washing machine, dishwasher etc.
- All kinds of kitchen appliances
- Gas and electricity for cooking
- Espresso machine
- Very fast internet
- Powerful Air Conditioning – both for cooling and heating
- Sound proofed insulated doors and windows with netting and shutters
– so you can sleep unaware of mosquitoes and even a storm
- Private parking for several cars with a remote controlled gate and charging for electric wehicles
What hasn’t changed is it’s breathtaking view of the bay from the large terrasse, the closenes to the beach, the stairs down to Kicki’s Tavern (and on to the beaches). The inner roof with its oiled olivetreee beams and bamboo netting is still a pleasant joy-shock when you look up. And the thick stone walls makes it nice and cool in summer – even without the AC.
During autumn/winter 2022-2023 we renovated the house, retiled the floors and changed all doors and windows. During winter 2024-25 we hope to restore a separate apartment downstairs. At least one pleasant garden is planned for next year. We have lots of space to play with such nice things. More will follow.
Thinking about a reservation?
… or do you have any other questions? Please use the form below.
And you can have a look at:
(Their calendar for availability should be up to date)
We use Villa4Greece to help us clean and check in/out, but they can do just about everything for you: Meet you at the airport, shop the food you will need, rent out cars, even yachts etc. tel: +30 693 8111511. They are wonderful, but questions about reservation. payment etc. should be posted/called to us. See above.
And you can talk to Vasilis – owner of Kicki’s Tavern just below us, and he will help you in any way he can, but he is busy running Kicki’s so treat him as our friend. He is probably the nicest guy on the planet. A best friend – not a hired help.
And we are only renting out to nice people, mind!